ECNL is hiring!
The European Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ECNL) is a leading European resource and research center in the field of civil society law; it recently moved its headquarters in The Hague. Our mission is to promote an enabling legal and fiscal environment for civil society organisations (CSOs) in Europe and beyond. As a result, of our engagement, more than 50 progressive laws affecting CSOs around Europe have been adopted thus enabling people to join and form associations and to undertake activities freely and in a sustainable manner. ECNL engages with the UN, EU, and other global bodies to improve norms and policies to improve the environment for CSOs.
As ECNL’s finance manager you are responsible for all aspects of financial management of the organisation’s programs, working collaboratively with partners to ensure compliance with ECNL internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. You are also responsible for all financial functions, including accounting, payment processes, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance, and assists management in financial decision making.
Tasks & responsibilities
ECNL is completing transition of its office from Budapest to The Hague. A part your initial responsibilities is to work with the Operations and Finance Director to establish financial management and operations in the new The Hague office. Part of this will be: setting-up the chart of accounts and the financial statements (P&L and Balance Sheet), setup of project accounts and migrating financial data from the new accounting software, and the setup of the planning & control cycle for the organization and ECNL’s projects.
Once the financial management system has been setup, the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include for example:
- Support the ECNL Operations and Finance director in the overall financial management of ECNL;
- Support ECNL program teams in developing tenders, budgets, making financial decisions and in financial reporting;
- Organize audits and prepare audit files;
- Monitor cash-flow, ensure sufficient liquidity for day-to-day operations;
- Ensure proper monthly reconciliation of cash and bank accounts;
- Preparemonthly financial statements and management reports;
- Oversee procurements and ensure compliance with organizational and donor policies.
- A HBO or university degree in business administration;
- 5 to 10 years relevant financial experience in the NGO sector;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Excel;
- Pro-active, hands-on attitude with strong problem-solving skills;
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
Conditions of employment
The position is for 38 hours a week. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross monthly salary range of € 3.667 and € 5.450 (full-time, inclusive of pension, health insurance, and holiday allowance). The actual salary level will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application Finance Manager’ before April 26, 2019.