ECNL is hiring a Finance Assistant
This vacancy has been filled, thus we do not accept applications any more
The European Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ECNL) is a leading European resource and research center in the field of civil society law; it recently moved its headquarters to The Hague. Our mission is to promote an enabling legal and fiscal environment for civil society organizations (CSOs) in Europe and beyond. As a result, or our commitment, more than 50 progressive laws affecting CSOs around Europe have been adopted thus enabling people to join and form associations and to undertake activities freely and in a sustainable manner. ECNL engages with the UN, EU, and other global bodies to improve standards and policies to enhance the environment for CSOs.
ECNL is looking to hire a Finance Assistant, based in The Hague, who will be tasked with supporting the financial functions of the projects and the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Director the Finance Assistant:
- Works closely with the Programme Managers and is responsible for the delivery of accurate financial services;
- Assists in project finances;
- Supports the Finance and Operations Director with organisational financial management;
- Provides administrative
More specifically the Finance Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Support the smooth implementation of project accounting activities including: timely and accurate bank reconciliations, budget formulation, controlling allocations, projected project expenses, monitoring expenditures according to the needs of the project;
- Assist staff in contractual procedures with service providers and consultants, assist with procurement, as requested;
- Review and provide support for sub-grantee financial management by checking and examining various project financial reports for accuracy and consistency against approved budgets;
- Ensure that project work and financial transactions comply with applicable standards and policies;
- Support the month-end financial closing processes by checking travel authorizations and reports, and compiling supporting documents for financial reports;
- Help with maintaining the financial filing systems to ensure complete and organized accounting files;
- Provide administrative support and collect necessary documentation for timely payments
- University Degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration is an advantage, or 3-5 year of work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
- Understanding of financial administrative issues;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Languages: Dutch and English.
- Relevant finance experience (national or international NGO; knowledge of EU budgets and reporting) and knowledge of Exact accounting software are an advantage;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills, with ability to function in a multi-cultural environment, working under pressure of deadlines;
- Capable of working with minimum
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application Finance Assistant’ before August 10.