ECNL is hiring!
Part-time Finance Assitant
The European Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ECNL) is currently seeking a part-time Finance Assistant, who will be tasked with supporting the financial functions of the organisation in our office in Budapest.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Director the Finance Assistant:
- Supports the Finance and Operations Director with organisational financial management;
- Works closely with programme staff and is responsible for the delivery of accurate financial services;
- Assists in project finances;
- Provides administrative services.
More specifically the Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, budget formulation, controlling allocations, projected project expenses, monitoring expenditures according to the needs of the project;
- Assist staff in contractual procedures with service providers and consultants, assist with procurement, as requested;
- Review and provide support for sub-grantee financial management by checking and examining various project financial reports for accuracy and consistency against approved budgets,
- Ensure that project work and financial transactions comply with applicable standards and policies;
- Support the month-end financial closing processes by checking travel authorizations and reports, and compiling supporting documents for financial reports;
- Help with maintaining the financial filing systems to ensure complete and organized accounting files;
- Provide administrative support and collect necessary documentation for timely payments;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Economics, Business or Public Administration;
- Thorough understanding of financial administrative issues;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Languages: fluency in written and spoken English and Hungarian;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant finance experience (preferably at national or international NGO; knowledge of EU budgets and reporting);
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills, with ability to function in a multi-cultural environment, working under pressure of deadlines;
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
Please send your curriculum vitae in English, marked “Finance Assistant” by 6th of October 2017 to: email@example.com. We thank all individuals for their interest in ECNL; however, only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone calls, please.
You can download the announcement in print form here .